Joseph James ('Jimmy') Drury was the youngest son of Joseph and Sarah and was born on 27th. June 1880 and christened at St. Nicholas Church Kenilworth on 8th. October 1880 (Ref:02).
Joseph was a toolmaker / fitter and worked for most of his life at Alfred Herbert Engineering in Coventry which produced many of the parts for the local car industries of the Midlands. He was married on June 1908 at Holy Trinity Church Coventry to Helen ('Ellen') Crofts. Ellen, as she preferred to be called, was born three doors from Cook St. Gate in Coventry, one of the original city Gates, on 4th September 1881. Ellen was one of five children and her mother, who ran a general store in Cook St., remarried after her father's death to a Mr. Feltham. He already had four children and so the Crofts moved to a large house in Ford St. Coventry which was close to the Hippodrome Theatre, and often the family would let out rooms to the actors appearing at the theatre.
Jimmy and Ellen lived for a while in Cook St. and then moved to 125, Kingston Rd. Coventry. Later they moved to a shop and house in Sovereign Rd. which Ellen ran as a general store for many years and eventually sol it to a cousin. They also owned several other houses in Coventry, in Bedford St. and Middlesborough Rd. all of which were sold for £1,000 when Ellen died in 1968. They finally left Sovereign Rd. and went to live at 92, Glendower Ave. Coventry.
Ellen died on 16th. January 1968 following a long illness. Jimmy died shortly after the end of WWII on 23rd. December 1949.
Joseph James married Ellen Crofts on 6th. June 1908 at Holy Trinity Church Coventry.
Leonard * b.22/04/1913 m.16/10/1937 d.17/04/1989
Leonard James Drury attended Centaur Rd. school Coventry and went on to further his education at the Coventry Technical College. He was apprenticed at Coventry Gauge and Tool on 1st. October 1928 for a 5year, 7 month term to become a toolmaker. Len eventually became a Director of Tube Investments (formerly Gauge and Tool). During WWII he worked on several secret projects including making magnetic triggers for mines. He was awarded a commemorative medal at the Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee in 1977 for his efforts in the war years and retired shortly after this in 1978.
He married Ivy Catherine Hill on 16th October 1937 at St.Mary Magdelaine Church, Coventry, and they lived for some time at 175 Green Lane later moving to 1 Nod Drive Coventry. Ivy died in 1976 and Leonard died on 17th. April 1989.
Reginald b.05/11/1918 m.01/03/1941 d.30/10/1980