This indenture of sale was between Mary Taylor, the widow of William Taylor, a wheelwright from Warwick, and Richard Drury, baker, from Kenilworth.
The indenture mentions a previous indenture dated 1st April 1707 in which William Taylor leased a piece of waste land on Banbury Road, Warwick, from Francis Beaufoy, the Lady of the Manor of Warwick,and William Bolton of London. The lease was for a term of 99 years and was under an annual rent of three shillings.
The indenture then mentions that William Taylor erected a cottage on the site during his lifetime which passed to Mary Taylor, his wife, upon his death and that she subsequently built another cottage on the site and divided this into two parts.
Richard Drury, by way of this indenture, contracts to purchase the cottages and the remainder of the 99 year lease for the sum of £80.
Dated: 18th. September 1755.